Monday, November 29, 2010

I am...

the owner of the sphere
the seven stars and the solar year
Caesar's hand and Plato's brain
of Lord Christ's heart and Shakespeare's strain


I am tempted indeed...but the truth stares me hard in the face so, here's more (the truth) about me!

I am 5 feet 5 inches of attitude - mostly positive, is a sum of my decade long experience as an expat in different parts of the world, the books I read, the people I meet and the conversations I have had (besides work and family). My hometown is Chennai, India and my current adopted home (and the 4th) is: Cologne, Germany. Except that both cities have names beginning with C, there's really nothing else in common. To put it differently, my childhood never prepared me for the demands of my adult life, esp in Germany - weather, language, traffic rules, food et al. And to me, the best part about not being prepared is that, you see things with an open mind - uncluttered by someone else's viewpoint. That just makes it so much easier to learn and eventually adapt (after a bit of whining) to every new situation that life unrolls!

When I am not working or parenting, I am usually musing about things that catch my fancy, things that drive me nuts and those that keep me sane. I love to read and I'm curious about the world, its history and people from different cultural backgrounds. As much as I love to read, I love to write. When I am not doing any of these or the banal things that adulthood demands, I am usually sipping tea or binging on desserts or running a treadmill or learning to play the guitar. Also, I am a yoga freak! I rely on my breathing exercise and Asanas as a source of energy renewal and a way to reclaim peace and sanity in this ever so maddening world!

Aum...

I also blog at Random Thoughts of a Barefoot Executive But this one,
Piquant, Ponderous (and sometimes) Deviant! is more personal and informal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STATSCOUNTER STATSCOUNTER